Dr. Melody Zamora, Dr. Aissa Longoria and Dr. Kristin Soileau use Green CT and panoramic X-rays to capture comprehensive images of your teeth and mouth. This advanced imaging technology gives our dentists a better understanding of your oral health needs so that we can provide you with individualized treatment plans that will improve your health and smile. Call Zam Dental today to schedule a consultation and learn more about Green CT and panoramic X-rays in San Antonio, Texas!
Green CT is an advanced digital imaging system the incorporates multiple types of imaging technology, including panoramic, cephalometric, CBCT and MODEL scanning. This technology provides high-quality images to provide the most accurate information possible about your teeth and supporting oral structures.
This X-ray device is a type of extraoral imaging, meaning that nothing is inserted into your mouth during the imaging process. Instead, the images are captured using a panoramic X-ray device adapted with a film holder mounted on a mechanical arm. This arm rotates around your head to capture images of your entire oral structure, including the nasal and sinus passageways to give our dentists a comprehensive view of your jaw, mouth and head. Our dentists can then use these images to:
- Determine the need for orthodontics and evaluate treatment progress
- Diagnose impacted wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth
- Analyze the development of gum disease
- Evaluate the jaw joint to diagnose and treat TMJ disorders
- Evaluate bad bites
- Detect oral cancer
- Plan dental implant placement procedures
- Diagnose tooth decay and other problems
- Evaluate dental and facial trauma, such as fractures and other injuries to your teeth and jawbone
- Diagnose abscesses, cysts and tumors
For more information about Green CT and panoramic imaging and to schedule an appointment with our dentists, give us a call today!