We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last several months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We are hopeful that each of you is safe and healthy and staying positive during these ever so challenging times. Thank you to those of you who have reached out with your thoughtfulness as it is not often that dentists hear, “we miss seeing you and coming into your office”. This makes my heart smile because I really miss seeing YOU, my patient, and creating smiles with the artwork and science and science that is dentistry.
Our dental practice is fully open again and we cannot wait to see you and your smiling faces again. It is important to mention here that as our loyal patients, you ALWAYS have access to us for your emergency needs; COVID or post-COVID era. As an appreciation to your loyalty, if you need us you can call our office and speak with one of our clinicians. However, if we are closed you will receive the cell number of a clinical staff member that you can call for consultation.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visit to our clinic. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable for everyone involved. We want to tell you about our infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issues. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations. Zam Dental has additionally taken extensive precautions to protect its dental family by contracting Xenex, the world leader in UV disinfection for healthcare facilities for utilization of its LightStrike robot which uses broad spectrum germicidal light. The Xenex LightStrike robot quickly deactivates viruses, bacteria, and spores where they are most vulnerable without compromising materials or equipment.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask COVID screening questions. Please know that you will be asked these same questions once again when you arrive for your visit to our clinic.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office and you will also find some other places throughout the clinic for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Additionally, appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- You will also see our staff and providers utilizing recommended PPE.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Other steps we have implemented that are above and beyond our already stringent clinical disinfection steps include:
- HEPA Filtrations Systems in Treatment Rooms.
- Online Patient Portal to access and fill out your paperwork
- Enhanced sterile technique training to minimize cross-contamination and aerosol formation.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 210-210-481-4323 or visit our website at www.ZamDental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing each one of you again!
Dr. Melody Zamora